The sports ministry plans to overhaul the Nigerian football system after blaming the failure of the super eagles to qualify for the world cup on the failure of the premier league in the country.
This is part of the outcome of a meeting between members of the Nigeria Football Federation and the sports ministry last Monday.
RELATED: Oshoala Responds to Being Stripped of Super Falcons Captaincy
Some of the decisions reached after the meeting were;
- The announcement of a three-man technical coaching crew of strictly Nigerian coaches to take charge of the Chan eagles.
- Selection and invitation of 30 players to the super eagles’ camp. The ministry also reportedly gave its word to help find a suitable camp for the team.
- An upgraded plan by the NFF on improving the NPFL to better standards as seen in some parts of Africa and Europe.
- Immediate roll out of plans for NFF election in September 2022.
- Search for foreign technical adviser with vast understanding of Nigerian and African football and the workings of the government.
Decisions were also reportedly taken on the flying eagles and golden eaglets’ team in order to prepare them for the competitions ahead
READ NEXT: MTN, Dangote Cement Seek New Fund on Nigerian Capital Market