Adeleke Accuses Oyetola’s Top Aides Of Leaving With State Assets
Governor Ademola Adeleke of Osun State has accused top officials of the immediate past Oyetola administration of large scale diversion of the state government assets.
Adeleke in a statement by his spokesman, Olawale Rasheed, said two third of the former top officials left office last Sunday with a fleet of official cars and vehicles.
Also, the governor said that the former officials had stripped most of the ministries, departments and agencies of operational assets, such as vehicles, computers and fittings.
The governor also said that residences of some of the former officials had been pillaged.
He gave the former officials 48 hours to return all government’s assets in their possession, or face the wrath of the law.
Adeleke Suspends Three Monarchs, Sacks More Than 10,000 Workers
Meanwhile, Osun State House of Assembly has asked sacked chairmen and Councillors of local governments to remain in office.
The lawmakers say the councils officials could not be asked to vacate office since the court’s judgement cancelling the last october 15 Local Government poll has been appealed.
The Executive Secretary of the Osun State Independent Electoral Commission (OSIEC), Adebayo Adejumo, had already withdrawn the certificate of return of the councils officials.
But the State House of Assembly during its Wednesday plenary resolved that it was wrong to direct the councils officials to vacate their offices in view of the appeal against court’s judgement sacking them.
The speaker, Timothy Owoeye, briefed the plenary on the outcome of his meeting with Governor Ademola Adeleke on Tuesday at his Ede home.
The speaker said the governor promises to henceforth carry the assembly along in taking decisions.